At Penair we are committed to teaching our young people to be environmentally literate and to develop their knowledge, skills, motivation and confidence to practice and promote sustainability in their community.
As an organisation we are committed to ensure any decisions we make about our working practice take into account the impact on the environment, with the aim of adopting sustainable practices wherever possible.
To this end, as a school, we have set out the following targets:
1. Collectively declare a climate emergency in September 2019. [Completed]
2. Attend the 2019 Cornwall Schools’ Eco-Conference and any subsequent conferences. [Completed]
3. Gain Eco-School status within two years, then maintain it thereafter.
4. Significantly reduce the use of single-use plastic with the aim of becoming ‘plastic free.’
5. Create a garden, pond, orchard, vegetable plot, bee hive and/or farm on site.
6. Have a meat-free school menu once a week and/or promote the benefits of eating less meat.
7. Engage with parents & the local community to promote sustainable action in the home.
8. Engage with another school (nationally or internationally) about action in schools.
9. Support Cornwall Council’s aim to become carbon neutral by:
· reducing energy consumption by at least 10%
· using some form of renewable energy source on site, where possible
· buying energy from renewable suppliers, where possible
10. Explore ways to lessen the impact of petrol and diesel vehicles on the environment.
If you feel you can support Penair with our environmental aims please contact Mr Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.orgGreen Charter Aims PDF